Friday, August 20, 2010

THE IMPORTANCE OF META TAG

After using meta tag for so long (almost since the first time blogging), I changed my theme. The changing eliminated the old meta tag written, because of the default script of the new theme. But, I didn't really care about it, because I could still find my blog in the first order in Google search. And, it'd been for several weeks.

After sometimes, I begun to change my blog's theme once more. It's a pretty-looked new theme delivered by Blogger.com. After all, I checked my blog again in Google by typing its name. But, I was surprised that I didn't find my blog on the first of list anymore.

Eventhough I could still find it on the first page of search result, I worried that someday it would be disappeared. So, I decided to write meta tag again in my blog's script.


What is meta tag?


Meta tag is a tag written inside the head of your site's or blog's HTML script. It's often used by search engines - like Google - to enlist your site or blog. So, when a user type any keyword or query, the search engine will appear the list of sites related to that meta tag. Normally, a site will be recognized by a search engine using its heading also. But, a site within meta tag should be a better recognizable.

Writing meta tag is quite simple. Below is an example of meta tag:
or
Like you can see above, a meta tag uses name attribute and description attribute. Each attribute uses double quotes. But, it doesn't matter whether we want to use single quote, like:
In several cases, you might use a slice after attributes, like:
But, it wouldn't take any different effect - for the search engine.

Like mentioned before, we use meta tag inside head of HTML script. So, here is the example of the application:

2 comments:

  1. nice posting...tapi blom SEO kayak nya nih
    cek CTRL+U (firefox)----> http://computersnewbie.blogspot.com/

    following back yach...:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yach, belum! Malas utak-atiknya. Lagipula, harus antri - meski di-SEO-kan - karena banyak sekali tema seperti ini, walaupun isinya nggak sama.

    ReplyDelete

Please type your comment here!